With the summer season approaching, we’re looking forward to having cookouts and BBQs with our friends and family. Most cookouts in the summer have the typical burger, hotdog, and grilled chicken menus, but why not try something different this summer season? Hawaiian Pork Sandwiches are the perfect meal for those summer cookouts you’re looking to have!
Hawaiian Pork Sandwich Recipe
At Werling & Sons, we can provide you with high-quality canned meats including pork for you to store and use when making homemade Hawaiian Pork Sandwiches this summer. Here is what you’ll need for these delicious summer sandwiches!
- 2 Cans Werling & Sons Pork
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion rings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 Hard Rolls
Hawaiian Pork Sandwich Cooking Directions
- Heat Pork and add salt and pepper
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, sauté green pepper and onion for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in the broth, pineapple, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve on roll.
Some of the best ways to store food is using canned goods. We take pride in our high-quality canned meats, and we want our customers to have the best food for their friends and family. We hope you enjoy your Hawaiian Pork Sandwiches this summer. Contact Werling & Sons at 1-888-375-1998 today or visit us online for more information!